FC Barcelona does not take advantage of its truce. Yesterday, the Catalans announced the extension of subscriptions to the Montjuïc stadium until the end of this 2024-25 exercise and by ricochet that they will not find Camp Nou before next season due to delays on the site. Bad news for the club chaired by Joan Laporta, who has learned others in recent days. First of all, the Blaugranas are very worried about injuries and the famous FIFA virus during this international break.
The FIFA virus worries Barça
Last night, Pau Cubarsi (18) was hit at the ankle during the meeting against the Netherlands (2-2). He came out grimacing in the 38th minute of play, a little before the end of the first half. La Roja coach, Luis de la Fuente, gave his news later in the evening. “It's his ankle, it's a sprain. We want to recover it by Sunday and we will see how it evolves. It doesn't seem too serious, but only a few days left and we have to be careful. »» Bad news for Spain but also for FC Barcelona, who could find his injured player.
In the show El Chiringuitosome quickly asked Luis de la Fuente to let him leave the rally. “He should release him and not harm Barça”said a journalist. Another said: “Let him go home.” An opinion shared by Barça, which must already compose with the injury of Iñigo Martinez, who suffers from an internal paramounisitis in the right knee. Finally, the Spanish selection formalized the return of Cubarsi to his club.
A showdown with the selections
However, Cubarsi's injury is not good news, especially since the club must face Osasuna on March 27, in the late match of the Liga. The meeting had been canceled a few days ago following the death of the Barça doctor. The Liga therefore decided that the match would be played in 6 days. Except that the abutments will not have their whole workforce available. In addition to the injured players, several elements will still be with their national selection, like Gerard Martín, Fermín and Pablo Torre who will be with Spain U21 or Héctor Fort which will be on deck with the Spanish U19. Ditto for Raphinha.
Scorer last night during the 2-1 victory in Brazil over Colombia during the 2026 World Cup qualifiers, the former Rennes player will not return to Barcelona in time since the Seleção does not intend to let go before the end of the break while the country will face Argentina in the night from Wednesday to Thursday. His return in time will therefore be impossible and he will miss the very important match against Osasuna assures Sport. On the other hand, there remains a thin hope for Ronald Araujo, who could be released before by Marcelo Bielsa while Uruguay will face Bolivia on March 25. It could therefore be available for the match against Osasuna. Barça, which is angry, crosses its fingers.