Kylian Mbappé is going through one of the most delicate periods of his career. After realizing his dream by joining the ranks of Real Madrid, the 25-year-old French striker quickly had to face criticism. Unconvincing for his debut under the Merengue tunic – despite a completely honorable statistical record (11 goals and 2 assists) – the French international (86 caps, 48 goals) found himself, in fact, singled out for content deemed insufficient. But that’s not all. Mentally affected, the Bondynois also made headlines by missing the last two meetings of the French team. A widely discussed choice, especially after having regained the captain’s armband. Yes, but now, if the former Monegasque is called into question for his sporting performances, the latter has also made the news away from the field in recent months.
Engaged in a legal standoff with his former club, Paris Saint-Germain, over unpaid salaries, Kylian Mbappé found himself at the heart of an immense controversy after his Swedish escapade last October, when he was granted a few days of rest by Real. A few days after his departure from Sweden, we learned of the opening of a rape investigation in Stockholm. The hotel where the new Madrilenian had stayed had been searched and the Frenchman was named as the perpetrator of the crime by the complainant according to several Swedish sources. For his part, The Parisian claimed, on the other hand, that the 2018 world champion had acknowledged the existence of a sexual relationship with a woman at the hotel, maintaining however that it was consensual. The clan of the 1m78 right-hander was quick to react with a press release sent to AFP.
“These accusations are completely false and irresponsible, and their propagation is unacceptable. In order to put an end to this methodical destruction of Kylian Mbappé’s image, all necessary legal actions will be taken to reestablish the truth and pursue any person or media involved in the moral harassment and defamatory treatment that Kylian Mbappé repeatedly suffers. »we could read. While his involvement has still not been demonstrated and the case is “still in progress” according to the prosecutor, Kylian Mbappé finally decided to speak himself this Sunday, during an interview with Clique on Canal +. The opportunity to completely deny the accusations about him.
Kylian Mbappé denies his involvement
“The case in Sweden? I was surprised, I still am, these are things that come into your life that you don’t see coming. I received nothing, no summons, nothing, the Swedish government said nothingrecalled the Madrilenian. I just read in the press like everyone else, I’m not concerned. It’s a lack of understanding, it didn’t bother me because I never felt concerned. It made a lot of noise but I always had the same ambition, to go to Madrid, concentrate on my job and see how it will end.» If much has been written about the circumstances of this escapade, Mbappé clarified that it was not an evening, as might have been the case. He nevertheless assured that he would obviously appear if summoned to appear before the Swedish courts.
“If justice summons me, I will go, quite naturally. It wasn’t a party. The coach gave us 5 free days, I went to this city, I had to go elsewhere initially, but I went here because the coach told me it was a less exposed city. I’m Kylian, I think I’m still exposed, but I did this. It’s going well, I’m at peace. Before leaving, there is this photo coming out of the restaurant… There were lots of people ready to welcome me at the bottom of the hotel for departure, lots of journalists. Then when I’m on the plane, I have the information. I have no idea who (the complainant) is. Now we must let justice take its course.» And put your head back together.