Neymar, the nightmare continues

Published:

By: Manu Tournoux

Brazilian international striker Neymar underwent surgery on his left knee in early November. Due to the complexity of his injury, his return to the field is uncertain.

Neymar injured his left knee on October 17, during Brazil’s match against Uruguay (2-0). He underwent successful surgery on November 4. His surgeon, Rodrigo Lasmar, gave reassuring news about his state of health, but estimated that his return to the field would be delayed by several months. The Brazilian doctor said the Auriverde star was recovering well, although the initial phase of his convalescence was still difficult.

“He is recovering very well, of course, but it is still the initial phasehe said. It’s a knee injury, a complex injury, a ruptured ligament, meniscus injuries that had to be sutured and, for this reason, he had to spend some time without walking. »

“Due to the associated injuries, in addition to the ligament, he will go through a slow and long rehabilitation process and he is aware of this, explained Rodrigo Lasmar. We are all aware of this. But he reacted very well. We are happy with what he has shown so far. »

The former Parisian is on the mend, but his absence from the field is expected to last until 2024.