Almost the same scenario. Remember the summer of 2023 and this declaration by Ednaldo Rodriguez, president of the Brazilian Football Federation (CBF): “Diniz has a style of play similar to the coach who will take orders from the Copa America, Carlo Ancelotti. They have almost the same style of play ”. Copa America took place, but Carlo Ancelotti was not on the Brazil bench, and for good reason, he had finally extended his contract with Real Madrid, which now links it until 2026.
However, for several days, a large part of the Spanish press has been relaying the information of an agreement between the CBF and Carlo Ancelotti for a handling of the selection at the end of the current season. This therefore means that the Italian coach would give up his last year of contract with Real Madrid, even before knowing if its president Florentino Pérez wants to keep it despite the complicated season lived. This scenario goes against what Ancelotti said on several occasions. Namely: “I am in Madrid, and I will only leave when they put me outside. »»
Florentino Pérez has the destiny of Ancelotti in his hands
The Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport So recalls these facts this Tuesday, and does the inventory. No, Carlo Ancelotti has still not said yes to the Brazilian Federation, because he is waiting to know what Real Madrid intends to do with him and his last year of contract. He will never accept a contract elsewhere before that. However, he has not yet taken stock with Florentino Pérez on this subject, and waits to have the return of the Madrid president before accepting the generous Brazilian proposal. Moreover, La Gazzetta Add an additional suspense, specifying that two clubs could also change Ancelotti.
AS Roma, currently trained by Claudio Ranieri, and AC Milan, coached by Sergio Conceição, could play on the sensitive string to convince Ancelotti to stack in Serie A, when he had announced that Real Madrid would be his last trained club. There are therefore still steps to be taken for the Brazilian selection before really considering the 65 -year -old Italian as his future coach. However, it was not for lack of being warned!