Beckham Denies PSG Move

December 21, 2011 3:56 pm


Despite media outlets exploding last night with the news that David Beckham had agreed a move to Paris Saint-Germain, a spokesperson for the Beckhams has denied that any deal has been made:

“No agreement with any football club has been reached.  Any talk of a deal is premature.  David is presently considering his options.”

It had been reported that the 36 year-old Englishman had agreed an 18-month deal with the capital city club, though these reports have now been denied by Beckham’s representatives.  Several clubs are rumoured to be interested in signing the player though PSG remain favourites.

Expect this one to continue!

********************

Auxerre have confirmed their interest in bringing former player Djibril Cissé back to the club.  Cissé began his professional career with the club and has yet to settle in Italy since his move from Panathinaikos during the summer.  Auxerre see this as an opportunity to be explored.  Club president Gerard Bourgoin said:

“Djibril is one of the players we admire at Auxerre, which is where he began his career, and we know his qualities as a striker.

“We’re struggling for goals and we’re thinking about a solution.  We’ve looked at other great players apart from him both in France and abroad who can score plenty of goals, are international players and who are having trouble at their clubs.

“Recently, Djibril admitted that he dreams of getting back into the France squad and returning to the French league.

“Nothing has been done for the time being.  Lazio are not selling or loaning him out.”

Cissé has stated in the past that, should he return to France, he would like to play for Marseille or Auxerre, clubs he has experience playing for.  This has surely alerted Bourgoin and his club to the case and the club could make their move in January to bring the striker back to the Stade de l’Abbé-Deschamps.

********************

It has come to light that AC Milan have found a back-up plan in the Carlos Tevez transfer saga.  Having been told by Manchester City that the Argentine midfielder will not be leaving the club on loan, the Serie A giants now look set to turn their attention to Chelsea striker Fernando Torres.  La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that the expensive Spanish international is now being hunted alongside Catania’s Maxi López.

This would almost certainly put Paris Saint-Germain ahead in the race to sign Tevez.

********************

Marseille’s in-form midfielder Mathieu Valbuena has revealed that he has absolutely no plans to leave the club.  The playmaker was rumoured to be interested in a move away from the Stade Vélodrome in the January transfer window after being dropped by both club and country but productive talks with the club’s chairman and some strong performances ensure that the player has had a change of heart.  He told L’Equipe:

“I had very positive talks with Labrune.  I am under contract here until 2015.  I am here and the adventure continues but we will see what happens in the future.

“Not playing for my club was difficult to swallow.  I was angry but that didn’t last long.  I was upset and it dented my pride but talking to Labrune has helped me a lot.  He made me understand that Marseille have a lot of faith in me.

“I know what I have to do to get back into the France side – I must play well for my club.”

The 5’6″ versatile midfielder has previously been linked with a move to Premier League side Arsenal.

********************

Brest manager Alex Dupont looks set to sign a new deal with the club.  Having guided the club to promotion from Ligue 2 in the 2009/10 season, the manager has worked hard in an attempt to establish the club in France’s top flight.  His efforts may be rewarded with a new deal in the coming weeks.

********************

Leave a reply

required

required

optional